must show work… need in an by 1030 tonight
1. Height of men on a basketball team have a bell shaped distribution with a mean of 178cm and a standard deviation of 8 cm. using the empirical rule what is the approximate percentage of the men between the following values?
a) 154cm and 202cm
b) 170cm and 186cm
height of women have a bellshaped distribution with a mean of 165cm and a standard deviation of 7 cm. using chebyshev’s theorem, what do we know about the precentage of women with heights that are within 2 standard deviation of the mean? What are the minimum and maximum height.
At least ______% of women have height within 2 standard deviations of 165 cm
the minimum height that is within 2 standard deviation of the mean is _________cm
and the maximum mean is _______cm
3. the table list probabilities for the corresponding numbers of girls in 3 births. what is the random variable. What are its possible values , and are its values numerical?
a) the random variable is p(x), which is the probability of a number of girls in 3 births. the possible valyes of p(x) are 0.125 and 0.375. the values of the random values p(x) are not numerical.
b) the random variable is (x), which is the number of girls in 3 births. the possible values of (x) are 0.125 and 0,1,2, and 3. the values of the random values (x) are not numerical.
c) the random variable is (x), which is the number of girls in 3 births. the possible values of (x) are 0.125 and 0,1,2, and 3. the values of the random values (x) are numerical.
d) the random variable is p(x), which is the probability of a number of girls in 3 births. the possible valyes of p(x) are 0.125 and 0.375. the values of the random values p(x) are numerical.
3) The random variable x is the number of girls ted approches before encountering one who reacts positively. Determine whether the table describes a probability distribution. If it does find its mean and standaed devation.
b)the table is not probability distribution
4) find the standard deviation o of the random variable x. select the correct choice below and necessary. fill in the answer to complete
5) nine peas are generated from parents having the green/yellow pair of genes so there is a 0.75 probability that an individual pea will have a green pod. find the probability that among 9 off springs pea, no more then 1 pea with a green pod when 9 off springs peas are generated? why or why not?
a)the probability that no more than 1 of the 9 off spring peas has a green pod is___________. round to 3 decimal places
b) Is it unusual to randomly select 9 peas and find that no more the 1 of them have a green pod? Note that a small probability is one that is less than 0.05
a) no because the probability of this occurring is not small
b)yes because the probability of this occurring is not small
c)yes because the probability of this occurring is very small
d)no because the probability of this occurring is very small
Binomial distribution – use the given values of n and p .. n = trails p= probability success…. to find the mean u and the standard deviation o. also use range rule of thumb to find the miniuim usual value u-2o and the maximum usual value u+2o. n = 250, p = 0.6
o=_________ round to ones place
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.