This assignment has 4 parts:
1. Obtaining the new script: Download and save the attached comment CGI mailer script form-mail2.pl to your server’s cgi-bin directory, and change the permissions on the script to make it executable (not writable). You need not know how it works complete the next step; however, as a Perl CGI script you may be interested in seeing what it does.
2. Setting up the form page: In this part, you will create a form interface to the CGI program that will accept comments on your web site, as well as some information about the sender and send them to you via email. Create the form interface in a file called mailer.html. The form should include some brief instructions and a request for comments. Include the following input elements:
· The form used for gathering the input has a NAME parameter set to usercomments.
· The form uses the POST method and references the script called form-mail2.pl on your server for the action.
· The form includes some brief instructions and a request for comments.
· The form includes the following input elements:
· A text box, called realname for the person’s name.
· A text box, called email for the person’s email address.
· A text area called message for the comments. Make this a bit larger than the default size.
· A group of at least 3 radio buttons called rating with a rating scale of your choosing for your web site.
· A text box called phone for the person’s phone number.
· A text box called bday for the person’s birthday.
Make sure that the input elements are organized in a clear and usable fashion, and make sure that the function of each input element is clearly identified.
· realname (must be non-blank, must begin with a capital letter, and must contain at least one vowel and one consonant)
· email (email format: [email protected])
· message (must be non-blank)
· phone (telephone format: (###) ###-#### ), but do not allow extra parentheses, spaces, or dashes within the phone number.
· bday (date format: MM/DD/YY)
4. Adding a SSI footer: In this part, you will add a header, using SSI (server side includes), to the mailer page. Re-name your mailer.html file to mailer.shtml, so that the server will check for includes. Include any previous HTML file at the TOP of your file (See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/ssi.html if you are unsure how to do this). Include an SSI command to display the “last modified” date of the mailer.html file.
To submit this assignment, put your name and a link to your web application in an html page and upload it to BlackBoard.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.