In the description below, any reference to stock means stocks A, the stock on the left hand columns of the list of stocks :
1. Using daily data and for the past 3 years historical data, generate the two following graphs:
a. Line graph
b. Candle stick graph chart
2. Answer the following for the intraday movement of the stock:
On the following 2 days, what was the open, high, low and close for the stock?
1 November 2012
1 July 2013
Provide the candle stick graph of those days to illustrate your answer.
3. What has been the total holding period return of the stock from 2 January
2014 until 1 Nov. 2014?
Based on daily data of the past 5 years, answer questions 4-8. Please use 250 trading days per year and note that annual volatility = daily volatility x Sqrt(number of trading days/year)
4. what has been the annualized volatility of the stock? Show the formulas and calculations.
5. what has been the correlation of daily returns of this stock with the
daily returns on SPY? Show the formulas and calculations
6. what is the beta of the stock?
7. What is the sharp ratio of the stock?
8. What is the sharp ratio of SPY?
Using the monthly data of the past 5 years, answer question 9.
9. Graph the regression line between returns of the stock vs returns of SPY. You can use Bloomberg or Excel for this question.
10. Based on all the analysis above, would you have rather owned SPY or your stock? In other words, over the past five years, which stock would have been a better investment, your stock or SPY? Explain.
In the questions below, you need to use both the first stock that you used above ( stock A) and the second stock ( stock B):
11. Build 2 different portfolios with the weights below:
Scenario 11.1 : 20% stock A, 80% stock B This is portfolio 1
Scenario 11.2: 50% stock A and 50% stock B This is portfolio 2
What were the monthly returns for portfolios in Scenario 11.1 and 11.2 for the past 3 years?
12. What was the risk adjusted return ( ie Sharpe ratio) for the above 2 scenarios for the past 3 years?
13. For the past 3 years, would have rather held portfolio 1 or portfolio 2? Why?
14. Has there been any diversification benefit by adding stock B and holding a portfolio of the 2 stocks instead of just holding stock A? Explain.
15. During the period 1 Feb. 2015 and 1 April 2015, on which day did stock A fall the most? Why do you think that happened? Was there any particular news about the company on that day? Explain the likely causes of such fall in the price, if possible.
16. if US Dollar weakens significantly over the next 12 months, keeping everything else the same, do you think it would be beneficial or detrimental or non-material for stock A?
17. if oil price weakens significantly over the next 12 months, keeping everything else the same, do you think it would be beneficial or detrimental or non-material for stock B?
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.