Assignment 1: Expansion into a Foreign Market,Part I
Due Week 4 and worth 300 points
Assume that you are a consultant who has been hired by a major existing company of your choice to assist it in expanding its global operations. Options available to you range from foreign direct investment (FDI) to simple exporting to a joint venture. Your task is to select a country of your choice, other than the USA, and examine the country’s culture, politics, laws, ethics, and economics. For each of these topics, provide a supported example of the manner in which the topic in question will contribute positively or negatively to the country and its people, as well as to the company and its operations. Note: Avoid expressing personal opinions of the market.
Note: Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research articles on the company and the economic, cultural, and political / legal aspects of the country that you selected.
Write a six to eight (6) page paper in which you:
1. Briefly describe the company and industry of your choice that you work for in your assumed role of consultant. Next, based on your research, select the country to which you would like your company to expand. Provide a rationale for your selection of the country in question.
2. Determine the key institutional constraints that must be considered. Next, analyze whether or not the institutional constraints you determined support the market entry into the new country that you selected.
3. Conduct a VRIO (Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization) analysis to determine whether or not conditions support the proposed market entry.
4. Analyze the major cultural and political aspects of the international business environment. Next, suggest one (1) strategic action that the company should take in order to address the associated cultural and political issues. Provide a rationale for the response.
5. Determine the option (e.g., exporting, joint venture, FDI) that you believe the company should pursue. Provide a rationale for the response.
6. Determine three (3) major difficulties that may occur based on the option you selected in Question 5. Next, suggest the best strategy that the company should leverage in order to confront each major difficulty, should it arise. Justify the response.
7. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.